Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Letters

(written ages ago, real post coming soon...maybe)

Dear kitchen staff: Your food is good but I wish you would discover the joys of whole wheat flour. And fruit and vegetables (potatoes don't count). However I am having fun chopping lettuce and things after lunch (usually), especially with your loud and energetic music, and especially when I see you waving dishtowels and dancing.

Dear unbalanced paving stones: When it rains you make walking to the conference hall a strategic adventure. Thank you for ensuring my alertness in lectures by spraying muddy water in my face every time I accidentally step on you.

Dear Carnforth library: I am very sad that one has to pay 50p a week per CD and that my laptop wouldn't connect to your wireless internet. Other than that I whole-heartedly approve of you. I foresee a long and happy relationship.

Dear rooms that we share a wall with (3): I'm SORRY.

Dear Capernwray internet connection: The fact that you a) won't load Goodreads and b) flail and die at any attempt to upload pictures is disconcerting, but I think I am finally getting used to you. Amazing.

Dear roommates: You have music playing at all hours and you occasionally provide chocolate. I think I'll stick around. Maybe. (...No. Kidding. You rock.)

Dear architects: Thank you for including that handy window right above Harmony's bed. It's so much more efficient than using the door every time. (These are also very useful when you're cleaning rooms and don't know the door codes. I think I've crawled through almost every window in this building.)

Dear £5 phone card: I don't know what trick you were trying to pull the first five times I attempted to use you, but I CONQUERED YOU AT LAST. So ha.

Dear Edinburgh: October 29th.We're coming. Look out.

Dear Americans and Canadians around here: It is not pronounced ED-IN-BURG, just sayin'.

Dear God: where do I begin? If I had to sum up, I think a THANK YOU would be a good start.


sincerely, Kelsey.

4 comments:

  1. You're making me sooooo jealous! Except for the bad internet connection part....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. You're cute. :P

    Crawling in and out of windows, eh? Sounds fun. Hope you don't ever get mistaken for a thief though! :/

    How DO you pronounce Edinburgh?? :S

    Sounds fun!! (pssst! Would love to hear more about your classes/lectures!! ....just saying! =D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kelsey,
    I Miss you. :)
    Sincerely, weekly, daily, hourly, minute-ly,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting. Congratulations and felicitations and blessings from all directions. :D

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete